Schema Therapy is a distinctive approach that is not for everyone. As with all treatments, there are no guarantees that it will be effective for you. It may be suitable for you if:
- You’re experiencing recurring difficulties in your emotional life, relationships or with certain problem behaviours;
- You’re interested to understand the links between how you feel in the present and what you learned in the past;
- You haven’t benefited from other approaches such as Counselling, Psychoanalytic / Psychodynamic therapy or symptom-focused CBT;
- You aren’t primarily interested in learning coping strategies or looking for a quick fix;
- You’re interested in changing ways you have been thinking, feeling and acting for a long time;
- You’re prepared to get in touch with difficult feelings and realise that effective therapy can be challenging;
- You’re willing to work in a therapy relationship that offers you help to learn about your emotional needs;
- You’re willing to consider changing aspects of your life if needed for healing.
If you are interested to discuss whether Schema Therapy may be suitable for you, please contact us via email to arrange an initial appointment via telephone or Skype. This initial suitability assessment is provided free of charge.